Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Health Care Journey


Finishing from where I left off a lot of new things are happening. For example, you may or may not have heard about medical scrubs that most health care workers wear. Well now me and the rest of my co-workers have received MEDICAL SCRUBS like the doctors, and I always thought they would be extremely tight. It turns out there actually pretty comfortable if you choose the right size, and our particular scrubs say PACKARD HEALTH and are a real light blue kind of color. Well besides all of that, everyone in my internship was blessed with the opportunity to go to the University of Michigan Critical Research Unit. There we learned about Wilson's disease, which is when someone has too much copper in their body. This leads to a small brownish color around your eye, also we happened to take a tour of the facility. The facility looks enormous when you are walking in it, but once you walk outside the door you notice that it is not as big as you thought. There are many other trips we have in store, so as soon as those are conducted. I will keep you posted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment